Thursday, May 8, 2014

If you love a flower, don't pick it up.

Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love. So if you love a flower, let it be. Love is not about possession. Love is about appreciation.
This has been stuck in my head for a couple years & I think about it every time I catch myself thinking about love or when I’m thinking about getting into a relationship. I think it’s because I really like what it means, I believe it more & more every day. And it wasn't until yesterday that I decided that this is something that I want to live by. We shouldn't have to put a label on something that we love to reinforce the fact that we love something. Possession gives us a sense of security, but I think when we are sure of ourselves & what we have to offer, we don’t need that. When someone loves you, they will stay for that fact, no one should have to be bound to anyone. I know it’s really extreme & breaks traditional views, but I strongly believe this & I’m not afraid to live like this either. Appreciation is the key, & that’s something I've preached for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment